Friday, April 05, 2013

It all started with a Present


Our bedroom is the last room in the house we haven't really done anything with. It is a big space, and we really just never thought about it? For Christmas Josh got me a one hour consultation with a designer, and he gave us tons of pointers.

So off to work we went! We cleared the whole room, including ALL the trim. We have builders grade oak trim in our entire upper level, and want to transition to white eventually. So, starting with this room.

Sanded all the door jams ad windows, filled holes in the walls. Josh installed a new ceiling fan and 7 can lights, as well as a pendent hookup. TONS of work...and still didn't even look like it!


I needed a work space as I office from home. The dining room table really wasn't getting it done for me anymore :) I LOVE all the space and filing room I have now!!


This picture is before we hung the kids pictures or put grates back up. Eventually there will be a flat screen mounted to the wall opposite the bed, but needing to run power, and save some money first ;) All this paint and molding was pricey!



After the jams were all painted we realized the new doors we bought (upgraded from hollow core for closet and bathroom) wouldn't fit on existing jams, so josh had to pull those out and put in all new doors!


I love the way the top of the windows looks...I feel so productive just sitting in this space! LOVE my bedroom/office now!




No comments: