Thursday, January 08, 2015

Happy NOON years!

I did something a little crazy. I volunteered to watch Lily overnight so Spencer and Chelsey could take advantage of an overnight in a swanky hotel with spa and all that. It was a gift from Spencer to Chels and it would have been way less fun with a newborn.

So, on Tuesday I picked her up at Chelsey's house and we hung out all evening. She was pretty good and the kids just had a blast with her. I think Lily was highly entertained with everyone bringing her things and watching our crazy dogs.

Then came bedtime - ohhhh how I dislike bedtime. I tried to get her to eat, she really is a tough kid to get to eat anything! Then swaddled her up and started rocking her and rocking and rocking....Pretty much fought the rocking screaming battle for a few hours. Then I took her into my room exhausted and took off the swaddle and man was she happy! It was like - HA auntie Brandi....I won!!! So, we propped her up and watched Modern Family...Lily seemed to enjoy it. I fed her a bottle while she watched TV to distract her into eating. Then after a few frantic phone calls to Chels, a trip to the store for gas drops and a few more hours of rocking I was about at my breaking point....4 hours into "bedtime" I put her down so I could run to the bathroom. Then she was still crying when I was done, and I sort of just listened....it started getting less and less intense, there were breaks in the crying, and after 10 minutes she passed out! Slept all night...I freaked out at 430 and ran in there...she was fine. I fed her while she was sleeping and she slept until 830, woohoo!




Not entirely sure how I filmed this upside down....oops!


The following day we planned to take the kids to Noon Years Eve at the science center. It proves to be very crowded but the kids enjoyed it! They had face painting and balloon animals and a HUGE balloon drop at noon. So after waiting in line for an hour for what were actually really cute balloon animals, we ate lunch then waited for the balloons to fall. It was so loud and crazy! Lily was trying to sleep in her carrier but was unsuccessful. After the balloon drop we played for a bit then headed home. A very tired Lily was crying most of the way, but was a little easier to put down for a nap once we got home!










All in all it was a pretty good experience. Good in that I got to spend time with sweet Lily (well sweet when she wasn't fighting sleep.) And I proved to myself that while I could have totally had 4 kids - sure glad we only had our 3!!

No comments: