Saturday, January 24, 2015

Mexican Vacation Part 6

Kathy had arranged for Kenna she and I to take a cooking class with a local Mexican chef Marsha. Her assistant Fabiola was very good at showing us some tricks to Mexican cuisine. On the way I snapped a picture of this Egret, a little pixilated from the long focal length - but the only one I was able to capture while we were there!


Marsha owns Mayan Beach Gardens, which is a lovely bed and breakfast further north from Mahahual. In order to get there we had to navigate a rather bumpy beach road, but again worth the drive!

We learned the art of making corn tortillas, chips, epinadas, sopes, and huarache. All was so delicious I wish I had a bigger stomach! We cooked, then sat on the porch and enjoyed all of our hard work with limonade, chips and pico. After lunch we wandered around and took pictures of her beautiful grounds. Loved the foliage and flowers!











These are just some more silly pictures of the kids with the most calm turquoise water in the background.



Josh and I got spoiled with another date night and we went to my favorite restaurant - 40 canons. Although Josh ordered chicken fajitas and got chicken fingers, we still enjoyed the company and scenery :)





No comments: