Saturday, June 27, 2015

Mothers Day/Joint Birthday Celebration

Well - it is that time again...the time I fall way behind in my blog and struggle to write about 2 months worth of events in an afternoon...how can I make this more a part of my lifestyle rhythm?

Mother's day is always extra special around here because it's McKenna's and Kathy's birthday, so we have lots of reasons to celebrate! The day started off with three eager kiddos rushing downstairs to give me gifts. I got some awesome pans, the nicest I have ever owned. It started with a lesson I was trying to share with Kenna. She wanted something and I was attempting to explain to her that we don't always get what we want. Attempting to ingrain in her the importance of saving and spending money smartly. She asked for examples of things that I am not buying for myself, and I said a list including new skillet/omelet pan. She was ADAMANT about buying me a pan with her own money. She, Josh and the boys went to the store, and after a lot of research on Josh's part - he showed her the pricetag. She was devastated that she didn't buy it on her own, but the sentiment of her wanting to nearly made me cry!



Later that day my neighbor brought me a margarita left over from our Cinco De Mayo Party. I made the coolest churro cupcakes and my normal jalepeno poppers...both went fast :)




Later, we continued the fun with a mothers day and joint birthday celebration at our house. It was different for me to be in front of the camera versus behind, but was nice to get a cute pic of all the kiddos!





Great picture of all the mammas!



The dinner was rather eclectic. I made favorites to include tator tots and buttered noodles, as well as sandwiches. Kathy asked for something cheesecakey - so I made small lemon and raspberry chessecake bites. Kenna wanted these andes mint cupcakes and they were divine as well!



Kenna got lots of gifts that were experiences this year versus new possessions -which I love! She got to miss school and attend the lion king and special dinner with Grandma Rue - she just LOVED that!

Gona and Baca got her more horseriding lessons, and Auntie em surprised her with her first concert in August! I loved the countdown chain she made. Kenna hung it in her room and cuts one off each day - what thoughtful gifts from all!

Chels and Spencer got her an overnight kit with her favorite blanket ever and her own cookies and soda for a movie party at their place. She was in seventh heaven...just love my thoughtful family!









No comments: