Sunday, January 10, 2016

Grayson Half Birthday

I have NEVER seen a child so excited about his half birthday. It started in early november when Ms. Betsy asked Grayson about celebrating his half birthday Dec 7th, since he has a summer birthday. He immediately came home and told me that he was having a half birthday party that week in school. I had to email his teacher to make sure that I hadn't missed something and she just laughed saying he was excited.

At that point we started counting down the "school days and stay home days" until it was time to celebrate at school. They do such a great job of making the kids feel special including walking around the "sun" for the number of years they are old, sharing a special picture book they make about their life so far, allowing them to bring a snack (thank goodness preschool is still fun that way!) and allowing parents to come and experience their day with them.

Grayson was SOOOO proud of his school and showed me all around. We went through the routine and then watched as Ms. Betsy used the "tickle feather" to tickle Grayson 4 and a half times. I just love watching my kids faces light up when they feel special....nothing better!








Not to be outdone by his school festivities, we continued the tradition of his favorite meal (mac and cheese, hot dogs and apples - bleck) and a half of a cake. This year he requested a Christmas tree cake...so this is what I came up with. Happy half birthday my sweet Grayson!



No comments: