Sunday, January 10, 2016

Grayson Room Remodel

This is a little difficult for me to write. When we first bought our house in 2005 we had big ideas and big plans. Plans for a family and to someday actually use the 4 bedrooms we had! When we found out we Kenna was coming I planned a great jungle theme room. I spent 8 hours painting the animals that flanked Kenna's door. All of our kids spent their first two years in that jungle room and I have so many memories of changing diapers, playing on the floor and endless hours rocking and feeding my babies in that room.

But Grayson isn't a baby anymore and he was over the animals. As part of his Christmas present we decided to redesign his room into a rocket room per his request. We took the opportunity to upgrade the look of oak to white trim. But I couldn't stand painting over the animals...I had to let Grayson do it!








Hours and hours of my Christmas break I spent painting sanding and repaiting trim, doors and walls. Josh and his family participated in a Star Wars movie watching marathon which game me more hours and hours to paint undisturbed. It was a labor of love and I am so pleased with the result! I feel like it is a very unique look and Grayson is thrilled - which was the hope :)







While the house was already all torn up, we took advantage of that and the free time we had over the holidays to redo the hall as well. I couldn't be more pleased with the result! Out with the oak, in with the white!








No comments: