Saturday, June 02, 2018

Grayson’s 7th bday party

I warned Grayson that summer birthdays are tricky. A lot of times people have plans, graduation parties, and are just genuinely very busy in the summer. So when I invited around 13 friends for Grayson‘s party, I figured about half would come. I also told parents that if they wanted to bring their siblings to the park, that would be fine. Since the park is in North Des Moines about 15 minutes from our house it seemed like a nice option if people wanted to make a night of it. I never thought that all his friends would show up along with their siblings! We ended up having about 25 kids come to the party. The event ended up being huge success and Grayson had so much fun! He’s so lucky to have such a nice group of friends.

Because I didn’t have the shelter I wanted to use reserved, it involved me going there a few times throughout the day to put table cloths on tables and bring supplies. Luckily between me and my mom we scoped out the place and got the shelter that we wanted for his party. It was right next to a big splash pad and a huge rocket slide. There is also an antique carousel there and the kids had a great time.

I served hot dogs, chips, cupcakes, and strawberries, but the highlight of the day was the snow cone machine! Some of those kids can eat!!!

Happy birthday to the sweetest almost 7 year old on the earth! I love you so much!!!

























No comments: