Monday, October 16, 2006

While Mom's away...

This last week I went to General Manager's University in Minneapolis. It was very cool to see the corporate campus for a week. Over 5000 employees work there. There is a dry cleaner, car detailer, movie theater, and day care all inside the main building. There is also a mini-store in the basement, where new ideas are tested. I learned a lot about running my own store, and some interesting points on the financial impact of various factors of the business. I had a great time with Scott, another manager from my store. We checked out the flagship store - Best Buy's biggest and first store. We also had many interesting dining experiences including magianos, a family style italian restaurant - YUM. But, I could not wait to get home.

Apparently Josh and McKenna had a great time while I was gone. While I was in Minneapolis the temperature decided to drop 30 degrees. I didn't even bring a coat and I had to scrape the windshield there! I guess fall is over, and winter is here. So, with winter comes the bundling of the baby. Josh did a great job of keeping McKenna warm in her travels.


Here is a picture he took of her eating her high chair.


She also speant a lot of time playing with her jungle toy


I can't believe how much I missed my family. Normally work trips are a blast! We get to go out, play cards, pretty much have a great time at the expence of work. By about the 2nd day both Scott and I were ready to come home. We both really missed our families. Guess we are growing up!

McKenna is really getting quite the personality. She is so vocal now squeaking and screaming. She gets so excited and surprises herself by the noises she makes. She is getting very good at using her hands; much more coordinated. She is growing so fast, already 5 months old!

No comments: