Friday, January 12, 2007

The black plague.....

As promised - here is the story on the black plague of death!

So, McKenna was sick prior to flying home over Christmas. She got a flu shot, and we thought she was getting better. The whole time there she was happy and outgoing - no signs of sickness. When we got home, she started having diarrhea and throwing up a lot. We waited through a few days of this, then called Tara (Josh's good friend from high school who is a doctor.) She talked us through how to keep her hydrated and when it would be too much throwing up. Well, the next morning (early morning, 1AM ish) I woke up with the same thing. Every 15 minutes I was running to the bathroom. After 16 trips to the bathroom (I'll spare you the details) the worst was over for me. But I felt like every ounce of water had been drained from my body. I could barely move, let alone take care of McKenna. And just minutes prior to McKenna getting up, Josh started throwing up as well. We called gona and baca and asked if they could take McKenna for the day. Baca came over bringing gatorade and sprite, and left with the baby. We sat on the couch all day. McKenna spent the night so we could get caught up on sleep.

We found out later that day that Emmi, Tali, and Kade all got it as well! Probably from playing with McKenna the previous day....sorry guys :(

The next day gona called us and said she was going to take McKenna to Heathers while she went to court (she's a lawyer.) Around noon that day Heather called us saying that McKenna was throwing up again. So, I threw a coat on and went to pick her up. I told Heather I would call in to work the next day and keep McKenna home. Good thing I did, because Heather got the plague as well!!!

Needless to say after a week of re cooperating, I think we are all back to normal. Definitely the sickest I have ever been in my life! Just glad it is over!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My brother Josh and his family all has this too. He called me after I got back home to see if I had also caught it. Thankfully I hadn't!

Kathleen said...

Sorry to hear you all got sick, glad to hear you are getting better! ...and that it didn't make it over here! :) Hehehe