Monday, April 30, 2007

Amazing Weather and Landscaping

I don't have a whole lot of new news. The weather here has been amazing! We haven't really even watched TV in the last 5 days or so! With the purchase of the new baby bike trailer, and the stroller, we have barely stopped moving! I love it!

With nice weather comes a million projects. Josh spent all weekend breaking his back in an attempt to build a limestone retaining wall. I was not much help, but managed to mow the lawn while he did that :) We (and by we I mean Josh) still have a long way to go to get it completed. I am hoping to plant a garden in the area that the wall creates!

We also need to reground the dog fence, organize the garage, build a "mud room" off of the garage, stain the deck, clean the carpets....and I am sure there are a million other things to add that are slipping my mind at the moment.

This weekend is Gona's bday. We are hosting, and can't wait! Then the weekend after that Mac is turning 1!!! I can't believe it! And gramma rue is coming out for the festivities....

Lots going on...yay spring!

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

Geez, I guess I hadn't been keeping up on your blog, there were so many posts I hadn't read. Sorry bout that. Btw....we will be driving directly through Des Moines area, and I was trying to find your town on the map. I would love to stop by and see you. I am not sure at this point when we will be there, but I will find out and update you. Maybe we can catch lunch or something. We are staying at Sioux Falls, SD Fri night, so I bet we will be there Sat May 19th about 12-3ish. Let me know if that works for you! I haven't seen you in YEARS, and it would be great to see you and your family I hear so much about!! :) I'll private message you my phone number, give me a call.