Saturday, April 14, 2007

Visit

This last week we had some visitors. Great Grandma and Grandpa Skinner came along with Grandpa Bubba. They were here for a sad occasion as my Great Aunt Marie passed away. She got pneumonia a few weeks ago and was admitted to the hospital. It progressed and caused a stroke and blood clots in her legs. She didn't make it, but didn't suffer. My dad flew down to Grand Junction Colorado and picked up my grandparents and they all drove out here. My aunt lived in Ottumwa which is about 2 hours southeast of Ankeny. I didn't know her very well, but her and my grandma were very close. She lived to be almost 88. Makes you cherish every day!

On a lighter note, they all stopped by our house on the way home. We played cards, caught up on news and went to Texas Roadhouse for dinner. We had never been there. It is one of those places you eat peanuts and throw the shells on the floor. It was pretty good, and Mac made a pig of herself! Visit was too short, but was really good to see everyone!

--Mac and Great Grandma Skinner--

--Mac and Great Grandpa Skinner and Grandpa Bubba--

No comments: