Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Basement

We are very excited at the progress in the basement. I have been doing my best to give Josh every Saturday to work down there. We (well he) now has the following rooms completely framed: guest room, guest closet, networking and audio/video closet, main room, and McKenna's understair hideout. He has the soffit lines done, just needs to figure out how lighting will be run before those are installed. All we have left is the small under stair office (josh's idea), bathroom, and mechanical room! The hardest part is deciding how to do the cabinets, and where we want lighting/electrical.

Our hope is to get it done by May 15th, when Gramma Rue comes to watch Mac while we are in the Mediterranean. We'll see how realistic that dream becomes as time gets closer!

Somehow Josh keeps conning his friends into coming over and helping. Sashank had never really worked with tools before, but his wife and son are in India visiting family, so he came over and spent Saturday with Josh.

--this picture is to prove to his wife he can use power tools--

Sounds like he is coming over this weekend as well. Thanks for helping Sashank!

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

Wow, it has been a while since I read your blog. Here I was thinking I was keeping up, but you blog so much more than I do. I think I am averaging one blog every few weeks. Sad, I know! Sounds like things are going goodd for you, except for the weather. It will soon change. Spring WILL be here eventually!!