Saturday, February 02, 2008

Busy Weekend

We are only half way through this weekend and it has already been very eventful. Today Josh spent his whole day in the basement. I just realized I have yet to put pictures up of the project.

--Damon creating the entry way to Mac's fort under the stairs--

--Josh standing in the new guest room, aka Gramma Rue's room--

--Mac figuring out what all that noise is downstairs--

We have realized that finishing the basement is a lot more work than we thought...well I haven't done any "work" yet, but I have watched Josh do a lot of work! And I have diligently shopped for colors, bathroom fixtures, baseboards, etc. I have also done a great job of coming down and inserting my opinion.

Today, Nolan got to come over and play while Damon helped Josh for a few hours. I think having the extra help really makes things go 4 times as fast. Today he got the entire guest room finished, and started the "fort" under the stairs for McKenna.

I always enjoy the days because it is just me and Mac, and we get to play all day. Any time Josh used the nail gun, or saw, she would say "oh no, daddy owie?" It was hilarious. And at times when the air compressor would turn on, she would run to me and say, "oh no!"

Tonight Josh went to play poker with some friends in Ames. We tried bean burritos for the first time. She loved them, but made quite a mess :)

--This is not spots on the lens....it is bean burrito on her face--

Tomorrow Josh and Mac are going to Perry to visit Grandma and Grandpa Great. They are going to hear all about Gona and Baca's adventures in Africa. I am stuck working the superbowl, so I am sure the store will be a ghost town. Oh well, time to catch up on other work!

No comments: