Thursday, October 02, 2008

Avi's birthday

On September 20th we had quite the busy schedule. In the morning I helped out with the Latino Festival in downtown Des Moines. Best Buy sponsored a booth this year, and it was really cool!


--interactive games, rockband, racecar simulator, mariocart Wii, and xbox games--

--Nascar truck--

--Bestbuy Nascar--

Then, after I helped with that for a few hours, I stopped by the hospital and got to meet Charlene's new addition. Macie Lynn Kohl, 9lbs, 2oz. She seems very sweet. I can't remember kenna being that small!

--sleeping quietly--

That night we had not one party, but two! First was Avinash (Avi's) party. He is turning two and is quite the young man. Sashank works with Josh, and I just love attending their events! It is such a neat cultural experience for kenna, because the majority of his friends wear their fancy attire from India.

--young birthday boy--

--party before a lot of people got there--

Later that night I went downtown and met up with a friend from school. She is celebrating her new singleness (recently divorced.) We had drinks (well I had water) and talked until about 10:30....past my bedtime.

That day was also Shelly's birthday, but they were out of town! Crazyness in the Skinner house!

No comments: