Sunday, June 14, 2009

Helpin Daddy

This weekend was quite productive. I put almost two yards of mulch around the house and down by our trees. For those of you who don't ever mulch, two yards is a lot! Josh made good use of his time moving everything out of the garage, and reorganizing it. We were one of the few houses in our neighborhood that had a three car garage and no cars parked in it. So it is MUCH more functional now. With wagons, strollers, bikes, trailers, scooters, balls, snowblowers, lawnmowers, tools and other endless junk our garage had quickly gone out of control.

While Josh was cleaning Kenna was "helping." She had endless hours of fun using the stud finder on bikes, cars, and basically anything that would make it beep. Later we were driving somewhere and she was telling me about it. "I used the black ting that had lights to fix da stuff. I like dat ting. Daddy keeps it in his treasure box." I suppose a tool box is Josh's equivalent to a treasure chest...nice :)

We also had an impromptu BBQ with Stones, Dick and the Millers on Saturday. I was thinking we could invite a family over for some hamburgers, while I'm at the store Josh calls and told me that he had invited 7 people over....yikes! Turned out great though. We had a great time, and Kenna and Kevin played really well together! Slowly Kenna is learning to share. Zachary did great. He just looked around, snoozed and enjoyed being passed around. We are lucky to have such easy going kids!

No comments: