Sunday, June 15, 2014

Bike Shorts!

I have said many times that there is nothing cuter than a little girl in shin guards. Well....I would like to retract that comment and say that there is nothing cuter than a girl bike shorts! Especially my cute little girl and her cute little shorts!

Last week Kathy took the boys for a day which allowed me an entire afternoon with Ms. Kenna! We went to Kyle's and picked her up her own pair of bike shorts. Luckily the kids ones have a draw string, or she may not found any that would fit her narrow waist! We loaded up the bikes and drove to the river as I didn't want her riding down (or up) the giant hill from our house to the water. 

She did so great! She said that sitting in the shorts was weird but that it felt like she was "sitting on a cloud." Too cute! We did 10 miles no problem! By the end she was a little tired and asked lots of questions about how many breaks I take on ragbrai. She is so sweet.

Later that night we packed a picnic and took daddy to Cottonwood park - my new FAVORITE ankeny park. It is like 2 miles from our house on the lake and just amazing! We played frisbee and ate dinner, then ended the night with snowcones. Then we all watched the karate kid together. Great daddy/mommy daughter date!




No comments: