Sunday, June 15, 2014

My Dear Family

Chelsey is so busy these days, sure she isn't taking time to write in her blog :) But I thought I would put an entry in here for her to read someday in case she forgets :)

Right now she is working every minute of every day studying for her boards. I have to trick her to get her to go garage sale shopping with me! Her test is in two weeks and I know she is stressed beyond belief. I also know she will do fine and thrives on last minute cramming! After that she will have a sigh of relief and a trip to Idaho, then smooth sailing till baby shoemaker gets here. I am sad that she really hasn't gotten a chance to enjoy any stress free pregnancy moments, but more to come and hopefully some less stressful times.

I admire where she and spencer are in their young lives, so much more put together than many their age! Happy to have such a wonderful sister and brother in law so close by! They are willing to help with kids whenever they can, and I just love that we can all get together regularly. So fortunate to have them here! Really love it, and love that my kids get to know them!

We all went to Cottonwood park for dinner the other night and to let the boys run. I was just genuinely happy, watching Spencer play with them, and playing frisbee....

Having my mom only a few miles away has been not only a lifesaver but so good for my kids as well. They just love their Gramma Rue and look forward to going to her house to play and nap. They just LOVE her three story bunk bed and think thats the coolest! Yesterday my mom watched the boys so we could attend "Meat-a-palooza" big party josh's friend throws, and after that she watched them all evening so I could paint Kenna's room. Words cannot explain how grateful I am for her help! I am so happy that she moved her life here and so grateful. I cannot imagine picking up everything you know and moving to a climate that is not what you are used to, where the only people you know are your child and her family. I knew the community she moved into would see just how fun and fabulous my mom is. She is so busy and I know she loves that! LOVE YOU MOM!

As if having my family close by wasn't amazing enough, I get to have Josh's family here too. I love that I feel like I have been related to them my whole life. I can joke and have serious conversations with Emmi about life and kids and whatever. We are more alike than different and I just love her genuiness (pretty sure that's not a word.) Watching Josh and Kade and the special bond they have is quite enamoring. He is sort of Josh's mini-me and its awesome.

And finally if all that love wasn't enough, I have the most wonderful in-laws that a girl could ask for. My kids will never doubt that there are many people who love them unconditionally and I feel the same. Always willing to help, but just the feeling that we are all so happy to see eachother when we are able. Traveling to Mexico sans children opened my eyes to what remarkable people raised my husband. I know he is so caring, funny and adventurous because of the people they are. I want to travel the world with them and do more silly things :)

This was originally a post about my sister, but turned into a ramble about just how lucky I am, and how grateful to be surrounded by phenominal examples for my children, and also just fun loving people - I am so lucky!

1 comment:

Spencer and Chelsey Shoemaker said...

You're soooooooo amazing! I love you so much!!! :) thanks for kidnapping me and having so much confidence in me!!