Sunday, March 01, 2015

Dinner Party

I think I bit off a bit more than I could chew. It started with hearing that Chad and Tara had never played cards against humanity...which is terrible as the game is hilarious!

So, I thought - I'll invite a few couples to get together and eat and play the game one night! So, we found a date in december that worked and plans began. A few weeks before we could all meet, we had a cancellation based on a last minute wedding (planning a wedding in a month - that person is nutso!) So, I decided to reschedule. well....in emailing all the couples a few dates we actually found one that worked for everyone....that meant 5 couples, 10 people at my house! Wow, I don't have a table that fits that many people....

So, Josh and his handiness created an extension that I could put a table cloth over and easily seat 10 - phew. So, the day before I am at the store buying a few last minute things and I get texts from two people canceling - NOOOOOO! I had enough prime rib for an army.....so I am literally putting things back and slightly freaking out because the people who cancelled were bringing the app and dessert! So, we had two couples bringing drinks and no app or dessert....I started to scramble.

It ended up being an amazing evening. We laughed well into the night and 6 people ate enough prime rib to feed 10, and we polished off the triple batch of sangria....life was good! What fun! We had such a good time we are planning a second evening in April :)


So grateful to my sis who watched all my kids overnight at her house! They had a good time playing with their cousin, and sounded like they were on their best behavior! Thanks sis!!





No comments: