Sunday, March 01, 2015

Valentines Day Escape

Baca was feeling under the weather for a while and he suggested a little staycation in Des Moines. So, Valentines day weekend we reserved 3 rooms at the Des Moines embassy. The kids got to swim, Baca got a little time away and we had some great family time!

We got their early afternoon and the kids loved swimming. The water was warm, but pretty chemically - so much so that at one point Zach puked because of the fumes from the hot tub. Josh and I did a little dance around who was going to clean it up, so I did my best before finding someone from the hotel to bleach the area! Poor Zach!






Because it was valentines day we had a heck of a time finding a reservation for 9! Luckily Josh found a greek place only a few blocks from the hotel. We started walking to the restaurant, but the below zero windchills took us as far as the parking lot of the hotel before we decided to drive the few blocks :) They seated us, and I loved the food! Authentic greek soup, salad, mouscaca, flaming cheese (the best thing we ate and quite the show!) and they even had food the kids would eat. I really enjoyed it, but did take a few hours to get through the whole meal! Was fun reminiscing about our journey in Greece!

That evening we decided that I would sleep in the room with the boys, Kenna would get the fold out couch in the adjoining room. Auntie Em, Kade and mark stayed in their room, and Daddy bunked with Baca - I heard he had to hit him with a pillow to get him to stop snoring :)

I didn't sleep at all. How Grayson can kick, hit, poke me in the eye and shove me out of bed is beyond me...he is the biggest small person I know!

 It was a lovely getaway and I think the kids thoroughly enjoyed the swimming and all you can eat breakfast!




No comments: