Sunday, July 17, 2016

CC-Luna Story

April 22, 2015

I am not sure how I got caught up in the foster dog idea. I think because I saw that Chelsey and Spencer adopted Max, and in speaking to the people who placed him - I discovered a desire to foster a dog. So, I got a call about a lab mix that needed a foster home and I said - sure why not!

Enter "Puddles." Puddles is a terrible name for a dog, I mean who would do that? The first thing the foster ladies asked me to do was rename her. So Kenna came up with the name Honey. We introduced honey to our dogs. It did not go very well - they were completely freaked out by her and she wanted to either play with them or eat them - I wasn't sure. We decided to just keep them separated. After about two days with her I just loved her. She is so affectionate and smart! I told Kathy that she may be the perfect dog for them. They were looking for a lab and she definitely fit the bill for sweet, fun and a lab!

At this point we had to rename her a second time because Forever Home said they had too many honeys for their webpage. So we thought maybe CeCe was more fitting.

I brought her up to their house to see what she thought. It was then we discovered that she was a greyhound lab mix. That dog can RUN! I could not believe how fast and far she ran - I had never seen her so happy. Kathy and Denny both liked her and decided to adopt her. She is so happy at her new home. McKenna went through withdrawls when she left, but it was a bit of a relief to not have to keep all the dogs separated any longer. I think Laney was definitely relieved! Kathy had already picked the name Luna for the dog - so we call her CeCe-Luna :)

It is so fun going up there now and seeing her. The kids just love her and she basically looks like she is smiling all the time - such a happy dog!






No comments: