Tuesday, November 15, 2016

McKenna is 10!

May 11

I thought nothing could be harder than celebrating her 9th birthday. I was fine with turning 9 until my friend reminded me that 9 signified half of her childhood life at home gone....HALF! I am not ready to accept that! And then I blink and she is ten. I could not be more proud of the young lady she has become. More tween than kiddo. She is so organized and unbelieveably thoughtful. She is the kind of kid that they ask to read with kindergartners before school starts and help them with their speach problems. The kind of kid that teachers send an email home about just to let us know how much they love teaching her. The kind of kid that we are told has patience with kids that are struggling learners and how most kids with her level of intellect usually get impatient with. I would not hesitate trusting her with nearly anything. She is disciplined and challenges herself - I'm just so unbelievably proud of the woman she is becoming!

Now - enough gushing! On to her birthday! We had a family gathering on her actual birthday eating almond cherry cupcakes and enjoying dinner together.




For her friend party I did something a little different this year. I let her plan the whole thing! She planned the events, the cake the food the activities, all of it! It was awesome! The girls came over and went on a scavenger hunt, then played outside, then had pizza, cheetos and mint chocolate cake, then decorated their own pillowcases and had a sleepover with movie. My favorite part was her friend Jasmin. She really likes Jasmin - but Jasmin is super quiet. Kenna made sure she felt included and this was the first birthday party she had ever attended! I loved seeing McKenna be such a good friend, and I love all of these silly girls! She has such wonderful friends!









In continuing with the celebration we spent an afternoon with Gona, Tali, Emmi and us painting these pictures - they turned out great!


Gona and Tali weren't so keen on the design ;)






No comments: