Sunday, March 23, 2008

Easter at Mace's

Yesterday Damon, Sashank and Josh finished framing the basement. There is only a little bit of soffit work and some of the ceiling by the stairs that needs finished. Mac, Nolan and I hung out for most of the afternoon. I don't know how people with more than one small child do it! It was a lot of fun, but I was tired by the end of the day!

Today we went to Mace's at 10am. We visited for a while and McKenna was quite the entertainer. There was a valentine's day balloon that was still floating. It would sing if you hit it and Mac thought that was pretty cool!

--Here is Kade and the balloon--

Then, we ate Easter lunch. There was ham, rolls, corn, potatoes, bread, snickers salad, and I brought an asparagus dish. Emmi really outdid herself and made me a HOMEMADE angelfood cake with vanilla pudding and strawberries, YUM. And then she made a really yummy strawberry pie. Spoiled!

--Easter dinner from one side--

--And from the other--

--Here I am blowing out my candle--

Then I got to open presents (I feel too old for presents, but was still fun!) Kathy and Denny got me a book about Italy and other places in the world, and a gift card to borders. Emmi and Mark got me the amazing cake, and some yummy body wash (not tasting, just smelling.) Glenn and Edna got me some money to spend in Italy and Edna made me a really neat herb quilted decoration. McKenna got me a card and Josh put her hand prints on the inside...but since we didn't have paint, he used wood glue. Very cute. The card is about sticky frosting, so it is very fitting :) Josh got me rack for the car to hold my bike, some Italian software, and a to-be-chosen piece of jewelry, YAY! Overall a wonderful easter/bday!

--here is a cute pic of Mac watching her crazy cousin Kade--




--and here is what Mac was watching--


--Running and playing with Nikki--

After Easter dinner, Kathy, Denny, Josh, Emmi and Mark all went to Kathy and Denny's to tear apart their kitchen. Their fridge is about on its last leg, and they can't find one with the right dimensions. And since they have remodeled the rest of the house, time for a new kitchen.

--Here is the kitchen before demo--

--And here it is after--

More pictures to come later of stylish new kitchen!


No comments: