Monday, March 17, 2008

Fun rainy days

Today was a wonderful, do-nothing, rainy day. Usually we have Kindermusik on Mondays, but since it is spring break, there was no class today. So, we ventured to the post office to mail Brandon's bday gift, and went grocery shopping. On our way to the store I told Mac that we needed milk, yogurt, and bananas. So the whole time we were in the store she kept reminding me, "milk, gurt, nana?" It was hilarious. She surprises me as to what her brain is capable of. I also got her laughing so hard she fell on the floor and was gasping for air. We were pretending to be doggies, and apparently my dog impression is hilarious? Who knew? I wish I could have captured it on tape.


--not as funny as earlier, but here we are playing doggie and tickle monster. Yes she snorted, and yes rylee hit her in the face with her toy, but it didn't hurt--

I am longing for the days of going to the park and on walks. I know my stir crazy dog is as well. We got a little tease of 60 degree weather, but then it fell back into the 30s-40s....darn mother nature. But I think next week we will be park-bound!

We try to make bath time educational, since we have a captive audience, so we went over all her colors today. I think we will move on to counting to 5 next. She knows the numbers...but not the order....

--here she is washing Dipsy (it is our trick to let us wash her) she washes the Teletubby, then whe washes herself, very sneaky--

--and here we are showing the world that, yes, she does have hair--

Josh and Baca also worked their bums off this weekend in the basement. They finished framing the bathroom, bathroom closet, and most of the storage room. The only thing left to frame is the ceiling around the heating vents and the very tricky framing around the intake air from the furnace. He cleverly designed a shelving system that will minimize the weirdness of that wall. And he gave me my coveted linen closet in the bathroom. It cramps the style of his storage/mechanical room, but I am eternally grateful :)

--Here is a view from the main room, looking at the stairs and the bathroom (don't worry, we are getting new lighting for the bathroom once the drywall is in)--

--This is the view from the stairs looking down. You will see a door that opens on the left, that's the bathroom, and straight ahead will be the storage/mechanical room--

It really feels like it is coming together! Josh and I hashed out a lighting/electrical plan. Well, he and mark talked about a plan, and he wrote down what he wanted, and I inserted my opinion....so how the lights will actually turn out is TBD, but I really don't care, as long as I can see! So the next few weekends will be final framing, electrical, inspection, drywall, flooring, basement warming party! Woohoo!

No comments: