Sunday, May 02, 2010

International Dance Festival

My friend Jason came to visit for a few weeks (which is one of the main reasons I have been procrastinating on the blog!) He works at a demanding job in Alaska with two weeks on and two weeks off. I was worried I wouldn't find much for him to do, but we were busy! We went to Kathy and Denny's; Salisbury House; 25 mile bike ride; science center with Kenna; a local play; and finally the International Dance Festival at Hoyt Sherman Theater in Des Moines.

The dance festival represented around 100 different cultures that live in Iowa. It was really good!

--picture of the theater - very old and pretty!--

--Bosnian folk dance--

--Flamenco--

--Salsa--

--Chinese flower dance--

--local ballet company with a broadway theme--

--Native Americans--







I don't think the videos did it justice. We had a great time enjoying the local culture! We ate at Adong's afterwards (one of my favorite Vietnamese places!)

No comments: