Sunday, May 30, 2010

Memorial Day Weekend

We do still have one day of the long weekend left - but thought I would write while I had time!

Josh left for Seattle late Friday afternoon to surprise Chuck for his birthday. I have been attempting to pack lots of summer fun in while maintaining sanity ever since. Saturday morning I took the kids to Gona and Baca's after they got up. I then biked on the Iowa Heartland Trail and A2W trail for about 40 miles. Was a little tougher than I was used to as they weren't all paved and had some off road riding to maneuver. But was a great ride!

That evening I pulled out some of the water toys that Kenna loved playing with at Zacky's age. You will note the lack of pictures as I was trying to make sure Kenna didn't spray Zacky, Zacky didn't bite the inflatable pieces, Rylee didn't bark at the toy, Zacky didn't drown, Kenna didn't get sunburned, "get the bug off of me mommy" (you get the picture.) So, there are no photos, alas, but was a fun afternoon of splashing. Zacky isn't too fond of the water, but he did have some giggles.

Today we went to Big Creek with Damon, Shelly and Nolan. I rode my bike up there the other day, and there were hundreds of baby goslings! Well, apparently they all flew south for the summer, because there were about 8 there today and they were all scared of the bread we threw at them. So we played in the sand.

Then Shelly told us Hawkeye park had ducks so we went there instead.

--we also picked the first batch of strawberries today! This is AFTER we gave some to the neighbors!--


--kenna striking a pose while feeding the ducks--

--lots of babies...so cute!--

--here is the "beach" at Big Creek--

--kids had fun in the sand before we left--
Was a fun day! Tomorrow we are hoping to see if someone wants to come over and play in our little pool toy with us. Today Kenna spent most of the day playing with the neighbor girls. (They are 8 and 9.) Kenna thinks she fits right in, and the girls are really nice to her. She's growing up too fast!





No comments: