Tuesday, May 11, 2010

McKenna's Stats

McKenna and I have had the best mommy day so far (okay maybe not what I had originally planned, but just spending time together has been great!)

We got up early and went to the gym together. Normally I don't think they let kids in, but we ran on the track, lifted weights, did squat jumps, she really loved it!

Then we came home, had a snack, and changed. And we went to visit the new baby Stone, Katie. OHHH she is cute! Baby fever is in full force! They are so cute ;) Although I don't miss the sleepless nights...maybe in a few years!

We went to lunch, and even split a kid's sundae at DQ (she thought that was awesome!) And we went to the store to buy the things for her birthday dinner tonight (she chose home made chicken nuggets - chicken breasts shaken in bread crumbs and baked, broccoli, pineapple and ham.) I think we will omit the ham and see if she notices?

Then we went to the doctor for her 4 year checkup. She weighs in at 35.5lbs and is 40 inches tall. She is 50/50 for both! She asked a few times if she was getting a shot, and I told her probably. The appointment went splendidly until they brought the shots in...poor muffin :(

We were riding home in the car and I was telling her about the flu shot I got, in between her quiet sobs. She said "Mommy, my finger and my leg got poked..." in the SADDEST voice I have ever heard...I wanted to jump back there and hug her.

Now she is sleeping the owie off. Hopefully post nap she will forget it even happened!

No comments: