Saturday, March 10, 2012

First week of Teaching

This week Marisa had her baby. I did my internship with her in elementary guidance last year. I am going to cover for her for 7 weeks while she is off with her new baby boy, Drew.

I was SOOOO intimidated! 50 little eyes staring at me, for 30 minutes, waiting to be taught. But I think I did a really good job! I got there super early and reviewed the lesson plans for the day, reviewed all the caseloads of the kids that I would need to see, and just got settled. Luckily I watched Marisa teach all of these lessons last year, so I feel fairly confident in the material. And, I teach the same curriculum each day, so after the first run, I have the timing down pretty well.

I am super excited for the opportunity. I am a little nervous about balancing work and this new undertaking, but am excited about the experience, the chance to make a difference (especially with the kids that are having a really hard time), and to just see if this is what I want to do when I grow up :0)

No comments: