Friday, January 27, 2017

Group Campout

8/19

I sort of started a tradition last year when I gatherd all our friends and their kids and we all camped overnight! Last year was hard to top because it was awesome....kids all got along, food was good, games were fun...I was slightly nervous this year! And then I saw the weather and got REALLY nervous! Predicting storms of epic proportions - as in thunderstorms, rain, etc. Many backed out, but many said they were going to try and ride it out! We had dinner, played games and we tried to light a fire for smores and the rain started.....and it rained and rained and rained....many left, it was a soggy mess. Zach was upset because his tent and animals were getting wet and he was freezing. Kenna went home with Andersen's and spent the night. Josh and I were ready to call it a night when grayson got realllllly upset and started crying. He was so excited to sleep in our new prius tent and "snuggle all night" with mommy. Oh my goodness how could I say no?!?! 

So Josh took Zach home and we got ready to ride the storm out. Bosworth's stayed and I think it ended up being really therapeutical for Donis. She had had a rough year and she said that this camping trip just embodied everything she had experienced that year....beauty and chaos...it was quite beautiful!

Grayson was giddy to be sleeping in the prius tent with me. It really was quite roomy and cozy in there! I hope we get to use it again soon!










No comments: