Wednesday, May 27, 2009

The Kids Weigh In

Today I did a really stupid thing - I took both of the kids to the doctor at the same time. And to make matters worse, the appointment was at 1pm...right during nap time...silly me! Things were fine at first. I had fed Zachary about 2 hours before the appointment, so I figured he'd be fine. And Kenna had a big lunch, but there was definite meltdown. First Kenna got impatient, but was still cooperative during her checkup. Zachary was also good for most of his. Towards the end though - he decided that he was starving, and nothing would soothe him. So, I fed him a little while they took Kenna to check her eyes and ears. After that things went downhill. Kenna remembered that she was getting a shot and started wailing and hiding behind a chair. Then we gave Zachary his first and he was screaming, which only scared Kenna more. So I placed my screaming infant into his chair so I could hold my screaming toddler down while they gave her a shot in her leg. After that things were okay. I comforted Kenna and we got her a cool Dora sticker. Then Zachary calmed down after some rocking and getting him into his seat. So they are both immunized and very healthy! We were concerned that Kenna had inherited my eyes, but seems she shows no sign of astigmatism!

Kenna's Stats:
Height 36 and 3/4" (50th percentile)
Weight 30 lbs (50th percentile)

Zachary's Stats:
Height 23" (50th percentile)
Weight 13.5 lbs (75th percentile)
Head 16" (50th percentile)

So aside from a healthy appetite by my little guy - kids are right on track!!

1 comment:

Peter and Sammie said...

Wow, Landon is 23 lbs. and 27" as of his last visit.
The other day we met a 1 year old who was literally the same size as Landon...oh man!
The kids are sooo cute!